Hint: to view any of the images in this guide in more detail you can click on it for a more detailed version. To close the image popup you can click the cross in the top right of screen.
Opening the Integration
To modify an existing MYOB AccountRight Integration in Inzant Sales you'll first need to navigate to the Integration screen. Do this by clicking "Integration" in the sidebar menu.
Then click on the "Configure MYOB AccountRight" link on the integration you have enabled.
A MYOB File should already be connected to the integration, however if you haven't completed this step yet please do so now (here
is a quick guide on the connection process). Below are the different configuration options for each of the tabs;
The left side of this screen (or the "Connection Configuration" section) should already be completed when intiially setting up the integration. You may however need to come back to this section to manage the MYOB Company File (if it changes), or modify the username and password (if you'd like to change which MYOB user Inzant utilises).
To update the company file you will need to hit the "Reconnect" button in the top right of screen, login using the MYOB popup. The "Company Name" section will then become a dropdown selection field where you can select the correct company file.
To modify the login information simply type a new username and/or password into the fields, and hit the "Save & Test Connection" button to verify the connection works.
The Right side of the Connection tab contains the "Logging" and "Comment" sections.
In Logging you can determine what level of email notifications you'd like to receive (none, errors only or All exports), and to which email address. You can have multiple emails receive the notifications, to do so separate the addresses by a semi colon.
We Strongly recommend having logging enabled to either "Errors" or "All Exports", and the email address configured to one or more of your admin users to ensure errors or tasks requiring attention are flagged immediately with your team.
The comment section allows you to create a comment about the integration that can only be seen by internal users. This could be handy if there were any particular login instructions, contact details or similar that you'd like kept handy when working with this integration.
The Import Settings tab covers the configuration options around exporting data from MYOB AccountRight into Inzant Sales. To enable a sync you should turn on the switch, and then select an appropriate import definition.
If you have not discussed this with Inzant staff beforehand please contact them when configuring this section to ensure you have the right sync options enabled, and you've selected appropriate import definitions for each sync.
This section offers the most customisation with via settings. We've broken this down into groups of settings - grouped by the subheadings on the screen.
- Transaction Type: allows you to push Inzant Purchase Orders through to MYOB as Quotes, Orders or Invoices.
- Transaction Number Source: Allows you to determine if MYOB or Inzant will set the MYOB transaction number (i.e. quote number, sales order number or invoice number).
- Transaction Number Prefix: IF the "Transaction Number Source" is set to "Inzant Purchase Order Number", this field allows you to type in a prefix that all always be pre-appended to the MYOB transaction #. If you have "MYOB Generated Number" configured, leave this field blank.
- Transaction Date: Allows you to always push through orders with today's date, or the date configured by the user when placing the order.
- Transaction is Tax Inclusive: Setting should match (i.e. be On or Off) as per the "Tax Inclusive" checkbox on orders in MYOB.
- Bill To: If orders should be raised in MYOB on a different customer (i.e. for Charge Through / Bill To / Head Office requirements) you can select which field you'd like to draw the different Retailers Account Number from. You can choose from Supplier Address Line 1 or Retailer Custom Fields. For this to work, an appropriate Account Number will need to be configured either in the Supplier address line 1 field (if all orders on a supplier should be created on a single customer in MYOB), or for each individual retailer in the selected custom field.
- Address Details: This setting allows you to determine what information is pushed through into the shipping address on the order in MYOB.
- Shipping Method: This setting allows you to set the "Shipping Method" field on the order in MYOB, drawing information from either the Supplier Name or Supplier Fax #. Note that depending on your selection the Fax # or Supplier Name in Inzant will need to contain valid "Shipping Method" options for orders in MYOB.
- Customer Linking: This determines the linking method for customers in Inzant Sales & MYOB. We recommend discussing this with Inzant Sales to ensure the most appropriate option is configured.
- Product Linking: This determines the linking method for line items (products) on an order in Inzant Sales & MYOB. We recommend discussing this with Inzant Sales to ensure the most appropriate option is configured.
- Sales Person Linking: This allows you to choose how you'd like the employee to be selected on an order in MYOB - on the basis of the retailers location or by who raised the order. If you Always attribute sales figures to a rep for a customer in their territory (even if the order was raised via website or entered via office staff), then you would likely choose "Sales Territory". If you only attribute sales figures to a rep when the order was specifically raised by the rep, then you would likely choose "Inzant User (Raised By)". After selecting one of these options you will still need to complete the mapping options at the bottom of the integration screen.
Freight and Surcharge
- Apply Freight To: If your Inzant Sales system calculates freight as part of the ordering process you have the option of passing this freight value through to the freight/shipping costs section of the order in MYOB. If you do not need this, leave set to "None".
- Apply Surcharge To: If your Inzant Sales system calculates Surcharge costs on website orders you have the option of pushing this information through on the order into MYOB. You can push it through as a specific "Surcharge" item, as a "Note" item with a cost, or with the cost included in the description on the Note item. If you do not need this, leave set to "None".
- Surcharge is Tax Inclusive: If you are pushing the surcharge cost through on the order, you can determine if it is Tax Inc or Exc.
- Tax Inclusive Tax Code: Enter the Tax inclusive tax code used in MYOB here. If you have multiple tax inclusive codes - i.e. you sell across different countries with different tax rates, we'd recommend setting up multiple integrations to cater for this.
- Tax Exclusive Tax Code: Enter the Tax Exclusive Tax Code used in MYOB here.
- Note Item Code: Enter the item code for "Notes" to be used in MYOB here. Inzant recommends creating a saleable and inventoried item in MYOB called "Notes" ("Notes" as name and the code). This is required for some of the options in "Apply Surcharge To", "Order Notes" and "Line Notes" settings.
- Surcharge Item Code: If you are pushing through the Surcharge costs to the order in MYOB, and you want it to push as a specific Surcharge line item (i.e. as per the "Apply Surcharge To:" setting) please enter the Surcharge Item Code here.
- Order Notes: Allows you to select where the order notes from Inzant write to on an order in MYOB - None, Journal message or as a Note line item.
- Line Notes: Allows you to select where the line notes on an order from Inzant write into MYOB - append to the product description or as a separate line note.
- Additional Comment: Allows you to specify a comment to always write into the Order Comment section.
- Inzant Customer PO Number: Detemines where the "Customer PO NUmber" from the order in Inzant writes to on the MYOB order.
- Inzant Reference Number: Determines where the Inzant reference number writes to on the MYOB order.
- Inzant Reference Format: Determines the contents of the Inzant Reference Number.
- Customer PO Prefix: If writing the Inzant Reference Number into the Customer PO field on the MYOB order, you can always prefix that content by typing in a character in this field.
- Enabled: Allows you to always send an email with the order details included (as a PDF attachment) when an order is pushed through the MYOB.
- Email Address: Determines where the confirmation email is sent to - can include multiple emails separated by a semi colon.
MYOB Employee Mapping
This mapping section will display based on your selection in the "Linking" > "Sales Person Linking" section above. If you select "Inzant user" or "Sales Territory", then a list of users / territories will display, which you will be able to map through to MYOB employees. This will enable you to always ensure an employee is attributed with a sale. To select a corresponding employee for a territory or user click on the dropdown in the same row, and click on the MYOB user.
The Retailer Export tab covers the configuration options around exporting retailer information from Inzant Sales into MYOB AccountRight. To enable this sync you should turn on the switch, and then select an appropriate import definition. If you have not discussed this with Inzant staff beforehand please contact them when configuring this section to ensure your system is correctly configured for this sync process.